The Wing Remote Stack SummitRajeev Chand | September 15, 2020
We are pleased to announce the Wing Remote Stack Summit, an exclusive, invitation-only meeting for tech founders and corporate executives to examine the new era of remote and hybrid work.
Remote has risen abruptly from 3% to 60% of the U.S. workforce, and managing and building organizations and processes at this scale is unprecedented. Further, it is not clear for how long the new normal will last and what the next normal will look like.
The Wing Summit speakers include the renowned pioneers and visionaries in remote work and tech from whom we can all learn:
- Sid Sijbrandij, Co-founder and CEO, GitLab
- Wade Foster, Co-founder and CEO, Zapier
- Amit Bendov, Co-founder and CEO, Gong
- Scott Farquhar, Co-founder and Co-CEO, Atlassian
GitLab and Zapier have been all-remote since their founding and are recognized authorities in remote best practices. GitLab is the world’s largest all-remote company with 1,300 employees across 65+ countries. The company has published The Remote Playbook and The Remote Work Foundation. Zapier has more than 300 employees across 28 countries and 17 time zones and has published The Remote Work Report and The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work.
Gong and Atlassian are remote stack leaders in sales and engineering, respectively. Gong’s revenue intelligence software increased 3x in revenues during the first half of 2020. Further, the company raised $200 million at a $2.2 billion valuation in August 2020. Atlassian’s project management and collaboration tools have seen a 150% increase in free tier sign-ups, and the company announced last month that its 5,000 employees can work from home forever.
GitLab, Zapier, and Gong are in the Enterprise Tech 30, the annual list of the most promising private companies in enterprise technology. Atlassian is a public company with $40+ billion market cap.
We are excited for the group of speakers and participants. As always, the format will be interactive, intimate, and candid. As of this morning, the participants include nearly 300 founders and executives. Based on the advance feedback to date, culture is by far the most requested discussion topic (15% of respondents), followed by return-to-work, sales, security, leadership, communication, and inclusion. Illustrative questions include:
- How do companies create belonging, one of the most critical aspects of culture, in a remote environment?
- What parts of the stack, if any, will be wholly new in the new era of remote work?
- How do executives build strong c-level customer relationships that are not initiated in-person?
- How many scenarios did companies with offices model out for return-to-work?
- What can companies do to replace the lost trust, interaction, and innovation without in-person employee meetings?
- Should remote work productivity be measured with more data collection of employee activity?
- How should companies adjust compensation for employees who move out of state?
- Documentation is critical to remote execution, but how do companies prevent documentation bloat?
- Are some personality types better suited for remote work than others?
- How do companies ensure employees with diverse backgrounds are given equal growth opportunities in a remote work world?
To request an invitation, as well as propose a discussion topic, please click here. We look forward to welcoming you to the Wing Remote Stack Summit.
As disclosure, Gong is a Wing portfolio company.
Share this Article